Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue MassageDeep tissue massage often uses many of the same movements and techniques as classic Swedish massage, but the pressure will generally be more intense. It is also a more focused type of massage, as the therapist works to release chronic muscle tension or knots ( known in the biz as adhesions). Your therapist will likely include a number of strokes as well as pressure point, trigger point or shiatsu work for deep release.
Will A Deep Tissue Massage Hurt?
It shouldn’t hurt, but it may to be a bit more uncomfortable than a classic Swedish massage. You should always feel free to speak up if the pressure is too much for you as it doesn’t have to hurt. Deep breathing helps to ease any discomfort and facilitates the healing process.
Many people prefer a deep tissue massage to combat the effects of sports or a active lifestyle, though it’s not the only consideration. It’s important to drink a lot of water after a deep tissue massage to help flush lactic acid out of the tissues. If you don’t, you might be sore the next day.
It’s possible that you might feel some soreness the day after a deep tissue massage even if you DO drink water. This just means a lot of waste products were flushed out of the tissues. It should pass within a day or so.
How Fast Will I Get Results With A Deep Tissue Massage?
It’s important to be realistic in regards to what results can be expected from a single deep tissue massage session, or any massage session for that matter. Many people ask for more pressure, mistakenly thinking that if the therapist just pushes hard enough, they can get rid of all their knots in an hour. This just won’t happen. Massage and bodywork is more like peeling the layers of an onion away. Once you peal one, you move onto a deeper layer and allow the body to heal at a deeper level. Often your therapist will work on your immediate aches and pains in your first sessions, much to your delight, and then move on to the root causes of your discomfort with a plan to help you heal on a deeper and longer lasting level.
In fact, undoing chronic knots and tension built up over a lifetime is best achieved with an integrated program that includes exercise, work on your posture and ways of moving, relaxation techniques and a regular program of massage.
Finally, while deep tissue is certainly valuable, you should be aware that gentle styles of massage like energy work and craniosacral therapy can also produce profound release and realignment in the body.
Bamboo Fusion Massage takes you to a whole new world. Swedish Massage is the classic “Feel Good” massage and the basis for many other massage types and styles. Deep Tissue, well, it tends to help with your aches and pains. Bamboo Fusion could be called a combination of the two.
Discover The Benefits of Massage Therapy Therapy Today!
- Deep Tissue massage promotes a higher level of energy
- Helps maintain the body in better condition through balance and homeostasis
- Helps to prevent injuries and counteract loss of mobility
- Restores mobility to muscle tissue
- Boosts performance. A limber body performs better at ALL levels
- Provides release of muscle tension, aches and pains
- Relieves tired, aching muscles
- Promotes detoxification through waste removal
- Detoxification promotes weight loss and a healthy glow
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Reduces or eliminates chronic pain
- Calms the nervous system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increased blood circulation
- Speeds recovery from injuries or illness
- Boosts and strengthens the immune system
- Reduces or eliminates tension headaches
- Reduces mental stress
- Improves concentration
- Reduced discomfort from delayed onset muscle soreness as a result of vigorous exercise
- Improved posture which helps reverse or avoid long term damage to your structure
Planet Massage is the perfect place for deep tissue massage work, whether you are a newbie to massage or an old pro! If you are currently under the care of a doctor, we will work with your doctor to determine if deep tissue massage is right for you. Our trained and caring massage therapists are experts at helping you decide which massage and bodywork techniques are best suited to your preferences and needs. Deep tissue massage may be right for you, or some blend of different techniques may be the answer.